Frontend Web Developer - Contract / RemoteClick to Apply
Candidate Applying for the Role
Thorium Digital is a growing digital agency that has provided services to clients from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are comprised of self-motivated, professionally sharp and team work oriented individuals. We are looking to expand our local team in East Brunswick, NJ. You will be working in a collaborative and flat structured working environment where there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow with us. This is a contract remote position.
The Frontend Web Developer must be able to manage multiple concurrent web development projects as well as maintenance and support. Individual must have a strong technical foundation as well as a full understanding of common coding standards, configuration management,and full life cycle systems development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the full SDLC, including planning meetings, development, estimations and design sessions.
- Deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality.
- Understand and analyze project risks and provide risk mitigation.
- Translate design materials (Photoshop, Figma, etc.) into HTML/CSS.
- Individual will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Document daily progress on work items & communicate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Work out of hours, when appropriate, to support major implementations or to react to high priority service issues.
- Guide development of tools, infrastructure, and processes within the configuration, build and release process.
- Decompose high-level information into details and abstract up from low-level information to resolve solution vs. requirements conflicts.
- Provide expertise in determining the strategic technical direction and system architecture for projects, as needed.
- Work as part of a team to help define technical requirements, explain the capabilities and limitations of various systems, and generate diagrams/documentation for internal and client use.
- Provide assistance, training, and/or mentoring to the other developers and other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 - 4 years of experience working as a frontend web developer.
- Experience working with Node.js and Node.js Frameworks (e.g. Express or Next.js)
- Working knowledge of Figma, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator
- Be detailed oriented and must be able to multi-task, manage details, and keep sight of overall objectives.
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines within a dynamic environment.
- Must possess an exceptional ability to effectively communicate both verbally and nonverbally, with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and a desire to work in a challenging position.
- Individual must have a strong technical foundation as well as a full understanding of common coding standards and configuration management.
- Understand the complete deployment life cycle from design, build, test, and deployment.
- Experience with cloud computing configuration and administration (AWS, or Azure).
- Familiarity with one or more version control systems (Git, Bitbucket).
- Technical knowledge of PHP/PHP Frameworks (e.g. Laravel or Lumen), Object-Oriented programming, design patterns, and best practices.
- Experience managing resources within a budget and project schedule.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Must be able to speak English fluently.
- Authorized to work in US without sponsorship.
- Sponsorship is not available.