Frontend Web Developer - Full TimeClick to Apply
Candidate Applying for the Role
Thorium Digital is a growing digital agency that has provided services to clients from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are comprised of self-motivated, professionally sharp and team work oriented individuals. We are looking to expand our local team in East Brunswick, NJ. You will be working in a collaborative and flat structured working environment where there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow with us. We also offer flexible summer hours year-round. During the pandemic, you will be working remotely until we decide the office is safe to be reopened.
The Frontend Web Developer must be able to manage multiple concurrent web development projects as well as maintenance and support. Individual must have a strong technical foundation as well as a full understanding of common coding standards, configuration management,and full life cycle systems development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the full SDLC, including planning meetings, development, estimations and design sessions.
- Deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality.
- Understand and analyze project risks and provide risk mitigation.
- Translate design materials (Photoshop, Figma, etc.) into HTML/CSS.
- Individual will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Document daily progress on work items & communicate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Work out of hours, when appropriate, to support major implementations or to react to high priority service issues.
- Guide development of tools, infrastructure, and processes within the configuration, build and release process.
- Decompose high-level information into details and abstract up from low-level information to resolve solution vs. requirements conflicts.
- Provide expertise in determining the strategic technical direction and system architecture for projects, as needed.
- Work as part of a team to help define technical requirements, explain the capabilities and limitations of various systems, and generate diagrams/documentation for internal and client use.
- Provide assistance, training, and/or mentoring to the other developers and other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 - 4 years of experience working as a frontend web developer.
- Experience working with Node.js and Node.js Frameworks (e.g. Express or Next.js)
- Working knowledge of Figma, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator
- Be detailed oriented and must be able to multi-task, manage details, and keep sight of overall objectives.
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines within a dynamic environment.
- Must possess an exceptional ability to effectively communicate both verbally and nonverbally, with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and a desire to work in a challenging position.
- Individual must have a strong technical foundation as well as a full understanding of common coding standards and configuration management.
- Understand the complete deployment life cycle from design, build, test, and deployment.
- Experience with cloud computing configuration and administration (AWS, or Azure).
- Familiarity with one or more version control systems (Git, Bitbucket).
- Technical knowledge of PHP/PHP Frameworks (e.g. Laravel or Lumen), Object-Oriented programming, design patterns, and best practices.
- Experience managing resources within a budget and project schedule.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Must be able to speak English fluently.
- Must be able to work remotely until we decide the office is safe to be reopened. Must be able to commute to East Brunswick, NJ office – on site, when the office is reopened.
- Authorized to work in US without sponsorship.
- Sponsorship is not available.