Candidate applying for the role
Thorium Digital is a growing digital agency that has provided services to clients from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are comprised of self-motivated, professionally sharp and team work oriented individuals. You will be working in a collaborative and flat structured working environment where there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow with us.
The Senior Frontend Web Developer must have a strong technical foundation as well as a full understanding of common coding standards, configuration management, and full life cycle systems development. This individual must have senior and lead level developer experience.
The Senior Frontend Web Developer is an experienced contract role. The candidate must have minimum 8 years of experience working as a Frontend Web Developer, and must have strong experience in React, TypeScript, and working with Node.js and Node.js Frameworks - Next.js, with some backend web experience. Must have experience working with headless CMS solution. Must have experience with Website Accessibility (WCAG 2.1) and building websites meeting A/AA standards. The candidate must be able to work effectively with our client’s technical leads, our other in-house developers, and non-technical staff. This person would have strong communication skills and possess the ability to present complex technical information to a wide range of audiences, from other technical staff to senior management. Individual should be a fast learner of new technologies, be a creative thinker, share skills and information freely, and be able to mentor and train other developers.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Participate in the full SDLC, including planning meetings, development, estimations and design sessions.
- Deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality.
- Understand and analyze project risks and provide risk mitigation.
- Work as part of a team to help define technical requirements, explain the capabilities and limitations of various systems, and generate diagrams/documentation for internal and client use.
- Provide assistance, training, and/or mentoring to the other developers and other team members. Document daily progress on work items & communicate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Work out of hours, when appropriate, to support major implementations or to react to high priority service issues.
- Guide development of tools, infrastructure, and processes within the configuration, build and release process.
- Decompose high-level information into details and abstract up from low-level information to resolve solution vs. requirements conflicts.
- Provide expertise in determining the strategic technical direction and system architecture for projects, as needed.
- Translate design materials (Photoshop, Figma, etc.) into HTML/CSS.
- Individual will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working as a Frontend Web Developer.
- Minimum 3 years of React experience.
- Strong experience working with Node.js and Node.js Frameworks - Next.js.
- Experience working with headless CMS solution. Contentful is preferred.
- Experience with Website Accessibility (WCAG 2.1) and building websites meeting A/AA standards.
- Working knowledge of Figma, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator.
- Be detailed oriented and must be able to multi-task, manage details, and keep sight of overall objectives.
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines within a dynamic environment.
- Must possess an exceptional ability to effectively communicate both verbally and nonverbally, with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and a desire to work in a challenging position.
- Individual must have a strong technical foundation as well as a full understanding of common coding standards and configuration management.
- Understand the complete deployment life cycle from design, build, test, and deployment.
- Experience with cloud computing configuration and administration (Vercel, AWS, or Azure).
- Familiarity with one or more version control systems (Git, Bitbucket).
- Technical knowledge of PHP/PHP Frameworks (e.g. Laravel or Lumen), Object-Oriented programming, design patterns, and best practices.
- Experience managing resources within a budget and project schedule.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Must be able to speak English fluently.
- Authorized to work in US without sponsorship.